Friday, April 20, 2012

Definitely An Experience

Well I can say I am no longer a virgin....a craft show virgin that is :)

Things went very well yesterday.  It was a gorgeous day - sunny and warm with very few clouds in the sky.  Got to the show a little early and started to set up.  It took an hour; I couldn't believe it, but I did take basically everything I had as I didn't know what to expect.  I wasn't able to get any pics as I just finished setting up as people started coming in and messing up my table...lol

Overall it was an ok day.  It was a small show and everyone was saying it was a little slow as well.  I did as well as I could expect - it wasn't a bust and I did make a few contacts to other vendors for some custom items.

This was definitely a good show to start with and I will be back for their Christmas show.  Glad to have one under my belt now and can't wait for the next one.

So now comes the fun part of listing all the new items I made for the show that didn't sell.  Stay tuned to my shop over the next week as there is a lot to come.

Hoping everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    you make beautiful items! I am still a craft show virgin ;-). Glad it was a good experience for you! Thanks for the follow - am following back!
    have a lovely day,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - I've only done one show and it was an experience. I like your blog - I learned about it from QQQ team. I'm a new blogger too and you can find me over at http://mountainquiltworks.blogspot.com/.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog over at Marcia's New Quilt Blog Linky Party. I love the fabrics you use in your clutches and other items. I'm happy your craft show experience was good! I've always been afraid to actually do one. I'm your newest follower. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the NEW Quilt Blog Linky Party! Thanks for adding the button.
    I would like to invite you to share your posts at the weekly Minutes for Me Linky Parties. There is always one open as they overlap so when you hop over to share you can link up your post.
    Also check out the May for Me Celebration Page and link up and join in the fun too!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete